gravatar

Lessons of Life

God has been good and He has reminded me constantly of the need to follow him and most of all the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ to this world. Life is short and as we walk the walk of life, we tend to loos focus on the life. The organiser manage to induce a almost real life living condition and I can say it was God’s blessing and grace that I got to experience although it might be just a game.

In the game, I was sweep away by the rush of fulfilling the need of life. I drift out of line as not seeking God and was seeking every possible way to get the best out of life. be it my privilege and the amount earn in life.

This game is base on the verse from the book of Matthew 16:24-28(NLT) of the Bible.

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. 25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds. 28 And I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom.”

On the 1st day Pastor John spoke of Life, Life as a race that we all are running.

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.”

Hebrews 12:1-2(NLT)

We are all winner in this race if only we put aside our selfish desires, shoulder our cross and follow him. Most of the time, we tend to be carried away by the things of this world. Like me, I was carried away in the game with the things that needed to fulfil my life needs such as food, clothing and the place to stay. Even some time, in the game I tend to go for things that are more that I ever wanted. The temptation of getting reach and the power of owning everything on your figure tips some time capture me. In the bible it says

15 We all come to the end of our lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day we were born. We can’t take our riches with us.”

Ecclesiastes 5:15(NLT)

The fact that when we leave this world (by this I mean going haven or hell) and moving on and leaving every achievement behind and carried nothing is very real!!

These are some of the things that I learn from this Life Impact Camp. I’ll constantly post some of the things that I’ve lean in the later entry of my blog as I don’t want this entry to be too long.